Austonia Trades P/L has developed a Work Health and Safety management system to prevent incidents, injury and illness occurring in the workplace; this policy outlines the rules, responsibilities and procedures for Incident and Injury Management. This policy applies across the organisation of Austonia Trades P/L and all workplaces under our control.
- All workers must carry out work in a safe manner that prevents harm to themselves and others or causes damage to property, the environment or loss of process or product;
- All workers must follow the Incident or Injury Management procedures in the event of an incident or injury;
BCBU and Supervisors must:
- Implement and review this policy;
- Consult with workers about this policy;
- Provide resources, information, training and supervision for workers to allow them to adhere to the rules, have the knowledge and resources to follow the procedures and understand their roles and responsibilities;
- Maintain a current workers compensation policy with a licensed workers compensation insurer;
- Provide workers with the resources to report incidents and injuries and claim for injuries;
- Check the condition, wellbeing and status of workers when they have been injured in the workplace;
- Have First Aid Officer(s) in place to provide first aid;
- Provide details of people who are responsible for the Incident and Injury Management procedures and process;
- Record all incidents and injuries;
- Follow the Incident and injury Management Procedure;
- Take witness reports of injury or incident;
- Indicate that the medical restrictions documented on the medical certificate will be followed and have suitable duties available
to the injured worker;
- Not dismiss an injured worker because of their injury or inability to work, within six months of the injury or illness occurring;
- Provide workers with support as appropriate;
- Keep a record of notifiable incidents for 5 years;
- Have an appropriate Return to Work Program; and
- Nominate and train someone to be responsible for coordinating the Return to Work Program.
- Comply with the rules of this policy;
- Participate in consultation and training in regard to incident and injury management.
- Immediately inform your officer/supervisor when incidents/injuries or illness occur; and
- Provide details of injuries and allowed duties for your return-to-work to the officer/supervisor.