Austonia Trades P/L has developed this policy to outline the responsible use of the Internet and Electronic Mail (Email) provided by the company for the use by workers. This policy outlines the rules, responsibilities and procedures for Internet and email use, in particular security, privacy, confidentiality and preventing inappropriate material being downloaded or sent that may offend or insult.
This policy applies across the organisation of Austonia Trades P/L and all workplaces under our control.
- The use of Email and the Internet during company time is to conduct company business only. No personal business is to be conducted using the companies email system. All documents created or results of network activity conducted while doing company business and with the company’s resources remain the property of the company;
- The management of Austonia Trades P/L reserves the right to monitor, log and/or restrict employee email and Internet access without notice;
- Keep email attachments to a minimum of 1 – 5Mb for efficient delivery;
- Workers are prohibited from accessing, displaying, generating or storing any material that is sexually explicit, offensive and discriminatory or contains profanities. Sending emails of a harassing nature or causes offence, embarrassment or humiliation to persons inside or outside of the company is prohibited;
- The use of the internet for any illegal purpose is strictly prohibited;
- Purchasing via email is to be for goods and services required for the company and must have approval from the Officer;
- Downloading software is prohibited unless approval is given as it may corrupt the system;
- Any worker who is aware of any unauthorised or inappropriate use of email or the Internet must contact the Officer; and
- Any worker who does not comply with these rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
PCBU and Supervisors must:
- Implement and review this policy;
- Inform all workers of this policy;
- Make sure that all workers understand the organisation’s Internet and Email Policy and their roles and responsibilities;
- Implement disciplinary procedures when there is abuse of the internet or email; and
- Monitor Internet and email usage.