Austonia Trades P/L has developed the following policy to create a safe and healthy workplace(s). This policy outlines the rules, responsibilities and procedures for environmental protection.
This policy applies across the organisation of Austonia Trades P/L and across all workplaces/worksites under this organisations control, including contractors/sub-contractors and visitors to the workplace/worksite.
- Wherever practicable employees at Austonia Trades P/L will reduce the volume of waste generated and reuse and recycle. Whenever possible new products and supplies should be reusable and/or recyclable;
- Where possible purchase responsibly for example purchase local products to reduce transport emissions and support the local community, be aware of where the product or its raw components have come from – is it causing deforestation, loss of habitat or exploiting workers in another country;
- Prevent any actions from work activities causing environmental damage by following preventative procedures In the event of an incident/accident follow the emergency procedures, making sure that the appropriate equipment is available for clean up and that a quick response is applied to eliminate or reduce any damage; and
- Be aware of environmental issues and safeguards, including erosion and sediment control, weed invasion, sensitive/rare vegetation and fauna, air quality, noise, waste, heritage and archaeological sites.
HSE Advisors and Supervisors must:
- Implement and review this policy;
- Consult with workers about this policy;
- Provide resources, information, training and supervision for workers to allow them to adhere to the rules and have the knowledge and resources to follow the procedures and understand their roles and responsibilities;
- Comply with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines;
- Implement and comply with site Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- Make sure all equipment is serviced and not showing visible emissions;
- Make sure noise and air pollution are monitored and kept to the appropriate levels;
- Provide areas for chemical storage and hosing down;
- Make sure all incidents are investigated and if required appropriate disciplinary action carried out; and
- Undertake site environmental inspections and fill out Site Environmental Checklist, and Waste Management Plan when required.