Austonia Trades P/L has developed this policy to provide a healthy and safe workplace for workers, subcontractors and visitors. It is important that subcontractors and their workers work practices do not pose a risk to health, safety and the environment, and our workplace and workforce does not pose a risk to the subcontractor or their workers. This policy outlines the rules, responsibilities and procedures for subcontractor management.
This policy applies across the organisation of Austonia Trades P/L and all workplaces under our control. All subcontractors engaged by Austonia Trades P/L are to adhere to the following requirements:
- Complete the Subcontractor Safety Checklist and provide any supporting documents required;
- Provide a Risk Assessment for the site and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for the tasks for which they are contracted;
- Make sure their workers actions do not endanger the health and safety of other workers and visitors in or near the workplace;
- Report incidents, near misses and hazards to the PCBU/supervisor;
- Implement and review this policy;
- Consult with workers and subcontractors about this policy;
- Make sure subcontractors are provided with the Subcontractor Safety Checklist and it is completed, and supporting documentation is provided by the subcontractor prior to them commencing work;
- Make sure all subcontractors understand Austonia Trades P/L policies, safety rules and their roles and responsibilities;
- Make sure any subcontractor is not put at risk by the activities of other workers; and
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for all subcontractors;
- Work in a manner that does not endanger the health and safety of subcontractors in the workplace.
Censure or Termination of Contract:
Subcontractors who do not comply with this policy will be subject to the following procedures:
- When a PCBU/supervisor becomes aware of an alleged breach of Austonia Trades P/L policies and/or site rules, they will initially speak with the subcontractor as soon as possible after the alleged breach has been reported;
- The subcontractor will have the opportunity within a reasonable time to explain and rectify their actions;
- The proceedings will be conducted honestly, fairly and without bias; and
- If the subcontractor does not give reasonable cause for their actions or does not rectify the reason for the grievance/complaint, the Contract will be terminated, and the subcontractor removed from the workplace.